Friday, April 1
What a week!
Ok. so Mary calls me on Tuesday to tell me that she can't babysit the boys while I go back to work. CRAP!! I happen to be on my way home from my dr's appointment telling me that my maternity leave is over and I can go back to work on the 4th. They even gave me a note.
So I call Mark and tell him and he's all calm at that moment while i'm on the phone about to panic about day care for the boys. I'm sure thou he's thinking in his head, "Holy Shit! what are we gonna do, we can't afford her not to work." I call work and tell my supervisor that there could be a delay in me coming back to work but i'm gonna make calls when i get home.
I get home and I make two phone calls to places that are around the corner from me. The one that called me back first was one I hadn't spoken too before. The other I had inquired about prices last year when I was thinking about putting Glen in day care rather than have Mary watch him. Cuz he needs more interaction with other children. So anyways....
the new place calls me and she's telling me about her and the place and how much it is and yadda yadda yadda.. turns out.. I like and appreciate the way she's talking to me as a Mom, and I like what i'm hearing where the price is concerned. So I make an appointment that day at 5pm to visit the location with Mark and see if this is a good place for us.
We go, we see, we talk to the teachers there and the care givers and we like. So starting Monday they are in day care. Glen is 2 on Wednesday and it will be interesting to see how often i get a call about his poor behavior. he's not a huge problem, but when he doesn't get his way.. oohhhh man.. look out!! and poor Connor.. 8 weeks and he's got some serious colic going on.. and it's not just one time during the day.. it's sporatic all day long and into the night. so I'll be waiting for a phone call about one of them before the first week is out.
They say they will have Glen drinking from a cup and not a sippy cup by the end of two weeks. They also say that after about a month there when he's comfortable with them, they will try to potty train him. hmmm.. that should be fun!
I go back to work on Monday, even though i would rather stay home. but there's just not enough money coming in on just Marks paycheck alone. I cover the medical benefits on my check and that's extra we cant afford to lose from Mark's paycheck if I'm not working for it. otherwise that. the majority of my monthly total wage is going to day care. cept for gas money.. think i'll have about that much left over.
Gotta love the high prices of NJ.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Come visit us for all your gifts and collectible needs.