Monday, April 25
Perils of Day Care

Since I've come back to work, and put the boys in Day Care. it's been a curse!!!
They were there for 2 days.. 2 DAYS!!! and the next thing you know it they are sick.. they have a cold.. that's lasts for about two weeks.
I end up catching their cold after the first week. Towards the end of the second week, Glen ends up with Pink eye and an ear infection!!
Connor being two months old and not much meds they can give me to give to him.. they put him on a nebulizer (sp?) with Albuterol to take. Basically you pour the little vial of Albuterol into the cup of the machine and the machine turns it into a mist that Connor can inhale. This is to try to clear his lungs ouf of the hard mucus that is forming. Mark knows Albuterol well cuz that's what he had to take when he was a child with child ashma. Not to mention his emergency inhaler that he has in the bathroom is actually an Albuterol inhaler.

So now there is a definite possibility that Connor might have child ashma. I can't spell the word and too pissed to care.

anyways.. we get some meds for Glen and Connor and put them back into day care for three days last week. Glen is still crying his eyes out after I drop him off, cuz he doesn't want me to leave him there. and they are both still a little sick. Glen not eating very much food at all during these past three weeks of being sick and has lost enough weight to fit back into his 2T size clothes instead of just being in his 3T size clothes.

Saturday night he ends up throwing up anything that he's drank that night. and does this about 3 or 4 times during the night.
We call the Dr.'s office on sunday after it's closed and they tell us to not give him anything for 2 hours and then to give him only about a teaspoon of pedialyte every 10 minutes to see if he'll keep this down. and to watch out for signs of dehydration. We do this and he seems ok with it.
Well somewhere in the middle of the night Glen wakes and he's given a 2 ounce bottle of pedialyte. Big mistake. he throws that up about a half hour later. I end up with him in my lap sleeping in the recliner from 3am on, cuz that's what he wants.

We called the dr's this morning and made an 11am appt for both boys.. Mark took them so I could come into work. If I take anymore time off i'm bound to not have a job later. But i'll tell ya this.. they have till June.. If Glen and Connor are still sickly or crying when I leave them at day care.
Then i'm quiting my job and staying home with them. I'll either get a night job or Mark can get a second job at night, but i've had enough and it's only been a month.

Glen's disposition has changed too, he's not such a nice kid anymore and that saddens me. he's more angry and throws more fits than before.

I don't like the change... he's such a good kid... I don't like the change.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Come visit us for all your gifts and collectible needs.