Friday, January 4
Bad Bad Mom
I’m such a bad mom. My poor kid, Red Boy (4 years old) goes to day care/preschool during the week. When of course I’m not sooooo late for work that I actually bring him and not leave him at home with his Dad (who works nights and is home during the day).

My poor kid.. we usually do this little thing where he watches me from the center’s window and I stop as I’m driving out of the lot in front of this window. I roll down my window and then give him a tumbs up, and he returns it, I motion the number 5 with my hand to let him know that I’ll pick him up at 5 and he nods. When I wave and give another thumbs up and he does the same. We thought up this little ritual because the child was having issues with me leaving him there and he wanted to be with me instead. As well as for when he gets older and a kiss and a hug isn’t Cool anymore, this way when I give him a thumbs up in front of his friends, he’ll know it means “I Love You”, and others will think it’s just a thumbs up ‘OK’ type of thing.

Well, seems this mom forgot her duty to give the thumbs up on Wednesday morning, come to find out that my little guy was not too happy about it either. Actually he was quite upset and cried for a bit. When one teacher turned to the other that knows him better, and asked if she should call me, she said he’ll be ok, he probably just missed his mommys wave goodbye.

Photobucket

HE didn’t miss it, I Totally forgot to give it when navigating the little parking lot and didn’t remember until I got to work. I felt bad when I realized that day at work, then to find out after picking him up yesterday that he was crying too? Oooff! What a doof I am! I know it happens, but he’s the one of the 2 boys we have that I like to call our “sensitive” one. That boy is soft spoken and can cry at a drop of a hat. He lets his 2 1/2 year old brother take charge sometimes. Meanwhile Red Toddler is “Extreme RT”. Total opposites.

Anyway, I’ll have to play with him this weekend, some board game or video games just to make up for my missing our ‘thumbs up’. Might not make a difference to him, but at least I’ll feel better

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Come visit us for all your gifts and collectible needs.