Sunday, January 21
All my fault!
Oh man, we made a major mistake this afternoon.  Or I should say I made the mistake, since it was actually my idea.
You see we want to get Red boy a bike for his 4th birthday in April.  But I thought it might be a good idea to check the size or height of the bike by letting the boy sit on a bike at the store.
We we go to Wally world and get some other stuff then head over to the bikes.
We ask the guy to pull down a 16" for Red Boy to sit on so we can see the height and see if he can stand up with the bike in between his legs and all that good stuff.
Well Red Boy won't sit on the bike.  When asked why, cuz it's got pink on it.  But the main part of the bike is a cool electric blue.  "And pink on it! I don't like it!"
It had pink pedals and pink on the inside rims of the tires.  Ok, ok. You don't have to sit on it.  Just standing next to it gave us enough of a measurement to know that it's a good size and it'll last a while. So we move on.

We are at the check out and now all of a sudden, Red Boy is crying hysterically.
NOW he's realized that he's not getting the bike today and ya know what... he does like it.
I tell him to put on his coat cuz it's cold outside and he's crying and yelling, "NO THANK YOU" (which was kinda funny, a child throwing a crying fit and being polite at the same time).
So I had to pull him out of the store by the arm while he's screaming and crying, "I DO LIKE THE BIKE, I DO LIKE THE BIKE!"
I told him, that we'd get him the bike without the pink, it's ok.  But he was still crying and wanting to go back into the store to get the bike.
Inside the store Daddyjunk is at the check out with the other things we purchased and he and the cashier enjoy a giggle about how polite Red Boy is with Saying No thank you while in a crying fit.  Was a little humorous actually when I took Red Boy outside of the store and tried to put his coat on.  Since he was pulling away from me and I didn't want to let go so that he would fall. I started to put his coat on the wrong arm.  DJ spotted it and helped out. hehee.
We eventually get his coat on and into the car.  He cried for a bit longer until he sees that I'm taking sips from the juice box that Daddyjunk offered to him and he says he wants it now.  So I hand it over right away and he drinks.  Shortly after that the crying stops.  And now he's sitting down with Daddyjunk, whilst daddyjunk reads a book to him.
Red baby the entire time, an angel.  Even passed out in the car on the way home and continues to sleep in the crib as I type this.

So the fit in the store at the end of the whole thing... my fault.. I should have known better than to tease the boy with a bike.  Even if it did have pink in it.
DUH!
--  Come shop with us for your fine Gifts and Collectibles! http://www.antceecees.com 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Come visit us for all your gifts and collectible needs.