Monday, June 12
Things I miss about working

One thing I miss about working is the friends that I made there.
We would always have time to chit chat about our personal lives and give
each other encouragement, support, or comfort.
I keep in touch with some of them. But not to the degree that I'd like
too.
No one's fault on that line, just that we all have our lives that keep
us busy and when we aren't linked by that workplace to catch up or talk
daily, we just kinda only email or talk every couple of months.
I used to love the gossip and the office battles between so and so. I
used to be one of the so and so's on more than one occasion. Lord knows
I was not easy to deal with in my position, but I tried to stick to the
rules and at the same time others would bend them. So this causes
office conflict and gossip and so and so's.

An ex-coworker and a good friend for the 8 years that I worked there,
got married recently. They are pregnant and due in August. I was
invited to the baby shower and my husband and I are looking forward to
going this Saturday.
I found out that my ex supervisor wasn't invited by the person making
the arrangements and she's got no idea why. I would have thought that
if anyone had a grudge to hold against her would be me, since I'm no
longer working. But alas, office politics, battles, and gossip continue
without me and I have no idea what's going on that she wasn't invited.
And she doesn't either.
I tried to sneak some information from the person that is helping
engineer the baby shower, but so far I haven't gotten a response to my
last fained innocent email about why my ex-supervisor's not coming when
I haven't seen anyone in almost a year.....
I figured if I played stupid cuz I haven't been in contact with anyone
and don't have a good idea about what's going on, that she'd blab. She
used to blab to me once in a while.
But so far, she hasn't emailed back.. hmmmm..

I should say I miss the office gossip when I'm not part of it. I miss
talking to adults other than my husband for an hour out of the entire
day. When you add it all up together, we don't get to talk much between
his working and the kids.
I miss going out with my husband on occasion and feeling like it's only
us to worry about. Even if we do get to go out, which hasn't happened
in a long while. Somehow we end up talking about the little monsters
that rule our lives.
My brother in law agreed to babysit the boys for the baby shower and in
fact, they are willing to take the boys overnight from Friday night into
Saturday. So we can have a date night and the next day go to the baby
shower with ease. Connor is old enough now to be a little easier to
deal with, but they are gonna have a hard time getting him to sleep.
It'll be good practice for them. They aren't with child anytime soon,
but they are getting older and I hope they realize that you can have a
kid late in life, but as you get older there are more risks and less
time for you to enjoy them.

Yeah.. office gossip... date nights... conversation over dinner that
doesn't include how a child threw up and what was in it to make him
throw up... miss the thinner me that didn't gain all the weight from
both kids... miss adult conversation... but with all that I miss, I
have some fun times with the boys and looking at their faces, listening
to their laughs, I know all is worth it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Come visit us for all your gifts and collectible needs.