Wednesday, June 14
Changed my mind

Changed my mind. Don't miss work all that much anymore.
One of the things that go along with the gossip and the yakking amongst
coworkers, is the fact that everyone is absolutely in everyone else's
business. Especially the ones you don't want in your business.
I remembered this because this morning I went and picked up some
fiberfill and batting from a friend at her job and 3 different people
had to ask me who I was looking for. The first 2 came around twice, I
gave her name, extension and said that I got her voice mail and will
wait for her for a few minutes. They looked eager to ask what it was
regarding, but I looked down at Connor in his stroller and started to
play peek a boo with him. So they knew I wasn't going to be too
forthcoming.
The first one came back to say that she was in, but he didn't see her at
her desk. I said I'd wait a couple of minutes.
The second went in and another woman came out and asked if I was waiting
from "Sara".
I said I was and that I left a voice message, she said ok but she's in a
meeting can I help you with anything.
I know that in a meeting line, have used it many MANY times myself.
I told her I was there to pick up some batting and fiberfill from her,
that I was supposed to pick it up earlier in the week but was unable
too. She knew what I was talking about and said she'd be right back. I
thought she'd be coming out with the stuff.
But here comes "Sara" with the stuff and apologizing all over the
place. I told her it was no problem and apologized myself for not being
able to pick up originally two days ago.
All was fine.
But now I remember one of the things I didn't like about work. And at
the same time, it's the thing that I mentioned the other day that I
miss. Go figure.
Watching the people trudge into the office with their briefcases looking
all grumpy and sad. Thank goodness that's not me right now.
Will be again soon enough when I want to put Connor in day car for
better social skills, but for now.. thank God it's not me, I'll stick
with the dirty diapers and baby puke for now.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Come visit us for all your gifts and collectible needs.